KOREAN BEAUTY SKINCARE
The K-Beauty skincare regimen is taking over the faces of many in the U.S. If you haven’t heard of K- Beauty you must be living under a rock because it is literally EVERYWHERE right now! In Sephora and Ulta, there is a dedicated section to Korean Beauty. On Instagram alone, there are over 1.3 million photos and videos using the #kbeauty hashtag. Koreans take their skincare very serious, and it really shows! I have seen some before and after photos of people before using Korean skincare to after and the results are amazing! In the U.S we are taught to take off our makeup before bed and use a moisturizer in the morning. In Korean Skincare, there are many steps involved, using at least 3-10 products. Sounds like a lot of time and money, right? Well, look at it this way, it is an investment to your overall well being, when you look good, you feel good! “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. It is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” – Coco Chanel
SOKO GLAM Founder Charlotte Cho is known for familiarizing the U.S with the K-BEAUTY 10-STEP. I know, 10 steps sounds like a lot of work, but you can pick and choose what works best for your skin care goals. For more information and to take a SKIN QUIZ, visit SOKO GLAM.
THE K-BEAUTY 10 STEP
1. MAKEUP REMOVER +OIL CLEANSER– An OIL CLEANSER will remove ALL makeup.
2. WATER BASED CLEANSER– Remove any remaining residue from OIL CLEANSER.
3. EXFOLIATOR– This is an optional step depending on skin type. Using an EXFOLIATOR 2-3 times a week will remove dead skin cells.
4. TONER– A TONER will dampen the skin and provide HYDRATION.
5. ESSENCE– The heart of K-BEAUTY! This is to prep you before your Serum/Booster. Think MORE HYDRATION!
6. TREATMENTS– These will vary depending on your skin care concerns (Acne, Ant-Aging, Large Pores, etc.).
7. SHEET MASKS– These can be used at your leisure! I love this step, as I have always been a mask lover! Use 10-20 minutes of your day a few times a week for glowing skin!
8. EYE CREAM– This step is essential to brighten up tired eyes and reduce fine lines and wrinkles!
9. MOISTURIZER– Use AM and PM to keep your skin hydrated!
10. SUN PROTECTION– This is a very important final step that involves protecting your skin from premature aging. SPF is vital and helps to prevent Skin Cancer. There are many Foundations, BB & CC Creams, Moisturizers, that contain SPF. Protect your skin!
In my business, it has been an ongoing trend that each brand I have worked with is NATURAL and/or pretty close to it. I didn’t plan it this way, but I am going with it and it has really helped educate me on what it is I am putting on my body. Let’s just say I have gotten a lot more label savvy than I was before! In K-BEAUTY the natural trend continues! The ladies at GLOW RECIPE have done a great job at creating a space for people to find the best of natural Korean beauty products. The founders, Sarah Lee and Christine Chang have 20+ years of experience in the global beauty industry. In addition to being a one stop shop for natural K-BEAUTY, these two skincare fanatics created GLOW RECIPE SKIN CARE. The line features a Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer that smells delicious, a Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, and a Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser. These products are packed with Watermelon Extract, used to soothe inflammation and hydrate. Available at SEPHORA.
SHEET MASKS are all the rage right now! TONY MOLY is a household name in South Korea paving the way for the K-BEAUTY trend. The line has a very youthful feel to it, using cute animals (Ex: Panda Bear) in their branding. The I’M REAL Sheet Masks are available in: GINSENG, OLIVE, CHARCOAL, HONEY, PEACH, CHERRY BLOSSOM, LAVENDER, CALENDULA, GREEN TEA, LOTUS, ROSE, CACTUS, TOMATO, POMEGRANATE, BROCCOLI, LEMON, PEARL, RICE, ORANGE, TEA TREE, RED WINE, AVOCADO, SEAWEED, ALOE, MAKGEOLLI, and PUMPKIN. Free of Paraben, Benzophenone, Triethanolamine, Talc. And color additives. Available at ULTA.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and are ready to step up your Skincare regimen! Have you tried any K-BEAUTY products? Any tips/suggestions? I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.